Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our PCI went well this morning.

All the items listed in Tyrrell's report were discussed. In addition to a couple of things we picked up. Nothing major to be concerned about.

The only downside was that the downlights in the entry (see pic 1) can't be moved due to a beam running right through the hallway. This was our fault as we reduced the width of the house. The only 2 options are to either add 2 more lights in line with the existing 2 on the other side OR remove them altogether & replace them with a fancy pendant. I like the idea of a fancy pendant but because we have d/lights running down the hallway to the kitchen (see pic 2), we should probably install d/lights in the entry. Either way, this will be done after settlement at our cost.

Actually, what do my followers think ? Take a look at both pics. You can see the d/lights continuing down the hall. These are the ONLY d/lights in the house.
Should I keep the d/lights in the entry & add 2 more, to make 4 in the coffered ceiling
OR
Can I get away with a pendant instead of the d/lights, making the 3 d/lights in the hallway the only ones in the house? I think it might look silly.
What do you think?

2 weeks until handover won't be happening. Our new SS will try to get all 6 trades back this week & next week. Next Friday he will contact us to advise handover date. But he seemed to think end of June is more than likely. FINGERS CROSSED !!!


3 comments:

  1. either option is good but I'd go with keeping the downlights and just add two more ; just thought this would be less hassles but my only concern with this would be if this looked too much for a small area???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea I would keep the down lights and just add another two on the other side can you get a lower watt D/L? I don't know may be you can add lower watt to ensure its not too bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, I agree. Will have to find out about the lower watt globes, then.

    ReplyDelete