Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Did I mention how much we love living down here??
It's taken us years to get this location. The market is soooo difficult to get into down here. It's so tight that in the last 6 months, I'd say only about a dozen properties - if that - have been listed. Thank goodness this one came up when it did. Both S & I are sure we were destined to have this place.

The sounds of the birds are great, particularly the kookaburras. Reminds me of the bush, not that that enthralls me, but it's a wonderful feeling to be in the city of Sydney & yet feel as though you're not. We have all the facilities of a major city but it feels as though we're in a country town.

Did I mention how much we love living down here?? Ooop I did, didn't I? The best decision we have ever made. Such a shame we couldn't buy into the area 27 years ago when we first looked. Back then, it was even harder to get in.

The quiet is amazing - no sirens, no traffic. And the people in the neighbourhood are just so warm & friendly. Everyone says hello as they walk past. And there's a lot who walk past. Quite a few have even welcomed us to the area.

Did I mention how much we love living down here??

7 comments:

  1. Just wondering how you are enjoying living down there Southies? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are loving our move too, I'm loving the neighbours, the quiet and the sound of the birds too; are you ready for your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo happy that you're happy, hermyleen. It's a marvellous thing to have gone through this horrible ordeal & come out the other side with a huge smile on your face on a daily basis. Yippee !!!!
    Have booked all, except accomodation in NY & San Fran. We're currently emailing a B&B in central Harlem. Hope to have all sorted within 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to be! We're using up points that DH accrued last year. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. This will probably be the very last os trip for many years ot come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll make the most of it, have fun for me; I would find it would very hard not to spend money on house stuff.

    ReplyDelete