We've finally finished the fence! Though we've still got to source sandstone pier cappings, but that's not a major issue.
No more dog escapes, no more open invitations to would-be burglars, no more unwanted dogs, etc....
We're very happy with it. We wanted to maintain the 'open' feel to the block. As the side boundary is sooo long, we didn't want to install a massive ugly wall.
Next step is to organise the plants. We will be planting murrayas along the perimeter of the block - reliable, fragrant, drought tolerant. Murrayas tick all the boxes. That's the 1st plant decision made.
The choice of front yard plantings is also almost finalised with the help of a wonderfully generous H1 member. With the massive choices out there, I have changed my mind a zillion times. Her advice has been invaluable & it has stopped me from going totally crazy.